Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Little Mo Manning and Make it Crafty Love

Hello my blogging friends!  You've probably thought I  threw in the towel by now since it has been forever since I have posted anything, huh?  Well, I am still here!  Life just happened....you know family, teaching Copic classes, then the holidays came and it all became a big blur!  I promise with the New Year to be much better about posting my coloring even if I don't yet have them made into a card or project yet so you at least have something to look at!

So, without further adieu, I give you one of my favorite projects I created for my in-laws to give as a gift for their friends for a 50th wedding anniversary.  I used Mo Manning's (Mo's Digital Pencil) Soldier Boy and Shirley digi stamps and layered them in Photoshop Elements with Make it Crafty's Tree of Love digi stamp to create the scene.  I also added in the initials of the couple on the tree to personalize it for the recipient.

Mo Manning; Mo Manning Shirley, Mo Manning Soldier Boy, Copic Coloring, Digital Stamps

Mo Manning; Mo Manning Shirley, Mo Manning Soldier Boy, Copic Coloring, Digital Stamps

Mo Manning; Mo Manning Shirley, Mo Manning Soldier Boy, Copic Coloring, Digital Stamps

Mo Manning; Mo Manning Shirley, Mo Manning Soldier Boy, Copic Coloring, Digital Stamps
 Mo Manning; Mo Manning Shirley, Mo Manning Soldier Boy, Copic Coloring, Digital Stamps
On the inside I added a string of pearls and shear ribbon to accent the center.  
Mo Manning; Mo Manning Shirley, Mo Manning Soldier Boy, Copic Coloring, Digital Stamps
Here is the Boxelope I created for the card to be presented in. I added a chipboard key that I covered in white crackle paint, added a WOC rose, some pearls and a tag to finish off the shear white bow.

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by and reading through this long post.  Hope to see you again soon!  
Big Copic Hugs!
Marcy

List of Supplies:
Girl
Dress: YR00,YR000,YR0000, W0, W00
Shoes: E44,E43,E42,E41
Eyes: B24, B02
Flowers on dress: YR31, YR30
Hair: E50,E51,E53,E55
Skin: E00, E000, E11, R21, R30, BV34
Spica pen clear & peach
Boy
Fatigues: YG99,YG97,YG95,YG93YG91
Boots: E50, E51. E53, E55
Skin: E00, E000, E11, R21, R30, BV34
Tree trunk: E35, E25, E29, E50, E53
Tree and ground: YG67, YG63, YG61, G99, G20, YG03

Papers: My Minds Eye Miss Caroline Howdy Doody
Bazzill Cardstock
Spellbinders dies
Wild Orchid Crafts flowers & hat pin
Ribbon, lace and heart charm from my stash

11 comments:

  1. Oh Marcy...WOWZERS!! Where do I begin? Well, first, I'm so tickled that you've joined us at Mo's for this week's challenge! Your card is beyond stunning, girlfriend!! Those DPs are some of my faves! And the scene you created with the soldier and that sweet little Shirley with their initials on the tree...PERFECTION!! I love it! And...I love how you did the inside too...ribbon and pearls...delicious!! I'm so glad we met...I believe I'll be stealing lots of good ideas from you!! hehe!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy did you put a lot of work in to this project and it is amazing! Wonderful merge of images and beautiful colors and coloring. What a treasure for your in-law's friends. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Mo's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Marcy! I love the scene and the colors are amazing! Your in-laws must have been so happy to be able to give something this gorgeous to their friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, your card is absolutely stunning. Just love the combination of those images and that tree is gorgeous. Your colouring is absolutely perfect. Thanks for joining us at TG this week. I wish you all the best with this challenge, hugs Sharon, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Marcy- this is stunning! I love everything about it; you always do a great job with the little touches that add that extra something. Can't wait to see what 2013 will bring for you :) Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Marci! Your colouring is just so pretty...those greens are beautiful and the added initials are a great idea :) I am sure they will love this card :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, and lovely colouring. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just amazing!

    this card took you hours to make and it shows! i hope the person you are gifting this knows how much love you put into it.

    hugs
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete